Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Made With Love












 Dress: Made by my mom | Shoes: Levity | Necklace: Lane Bryant | Bracelets: Five and Two, J.Crew 

 When my two sisters and I were younger, my mom sewed all of our clothes. I'm not exaggerating, for a good portion of our lives she made over 50% of our clothes. She made dresses, rompers, and tops, bottoms, and everything in between. She would even take leftover fabric from whatever item she was sewing to make matching bows and purses. We also spent countless numbers inside Hancock Fabrics and Hobby Lobby, looking through pattern books and scurrying to pull them from the file cabinets. That being said, I can rightfully blame my mom for my obsession with clothing, shoes, and accessories. If any little girl spends a good amount of time looking at a book filled with clothes and has a mom who can sew for days, she just might develop an addiction like mine. I'm ecstatic that my mom is getting back into sewing, she loves it and we love getting custom made clothing. After a few hours in Hancock Fabrics, we found the perfect pattern and this lovely fabric. She started making this dress at night and it was ready to wear by the morning. How awesome is that? It was like free express shipping.

And how awesome is this necklace I found in Lane Bryant? I find baubles everywhere.
--LaRonda 


2 comments:

  1. Holy shit, that is gorgeous! I want one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did such an amazing job. I'll shoot you a text about getting one made!

      Delete