Wednesday, September 25, 2013

For The Love of Leather




Top: Marshall's | Sweater: Gap | Skirt: Target | Shoes: Tahari | Watch: Target



I have always loved leather, always. Even as a child I appreciated its luxuriousness as I often donned my favorite purple leather skirt with matching purple leather shoes. And I even sported it as a tween, I think leather had another comeback in the late 90's/early 2000's and I was an avid supporter back then. Things are no different these days and although leather never goes out of style, it seems that every few years, EVERYTHING is made out of leather. I'm pretty sure that's happening right now and so far I'm okay with it, ask me again at the beginning of 2014.  Since the leather resurgence, I have purchased two leather skirts, a leather t-shirt, and the t-shirt featured in this post that has leather trimmings. It's safe to say, I'm loving leather right now. The thing with these leather pieces is, it's easy for them to look trashy in 0 to 60, especially if you're working with faux leather. So how can you try the trend without looking like Julia Roberts before Richard Gere took her shopping? I say be picky about your leather, whether it's faux, vegan, or real; it's important to know what you like. It's okay to say something looks tacky, everything's not made to be leatherized, you'll know when it works.

Since our office dress code is business casual, I figured full on leather would be inappropriate for the office, but sleeves and a frocket (front t-shirt pocket) are acceptable. I also like the contrast of the slightly edgy top with the frilly skirt, I mean I wouldn't want people to be intimidated by my edginess.



Here are a few leather pieces that you might like!
For The Love of Leather


                          

2 comments:

  1. I almost thought this was a dress - such a pretty combo!
    Thanks for linking up!
    Jessi
    http://haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thanks for stopping by, love your blog!

      Delete