Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Lip Color Edition

It's Top Ten Tuesday!!

In the past few years I have fallen madly in love with lip colors.  For a long time I hated the way lipstick looked on me, I felt as if my lips were too big and that the colors clashed with my brown skin. I soon learned that most women yearn for full lips, so badly that they even suffer injections and procedures to get the lips that I was trying to hide. And as far as thinking that brightly hued lipsticks and my chocolate-brown skin had no business together, I also learned that the pigmentation in my skin allowed me to wear deeper, bolder colors.  This lovely lady pretty much sums up my feelings in this video. Now I wear my bright pinks and vampy purples with no remorse, it took a while to feel comfortable but I realize that black girls wear lipstick too, heck anyone can, it's all about finding the colors that complement your skin tone. With that being said, here are ten of my favorite lip colors; the colors in the top row are a little more subtle while those on the bottom row pack a little more punch. All are great shades and formulas! 



What do you think of the colors here? Have you tried any? What are your favorites? Comment below!












No comments:

Post a Comment