Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Top 10 under $10



When I first really started wearing makeup I almost exclusively shopped at Sephora. I was in high school then, so I'm not so sure how I managed to fund my habit. I think drugstore brands have been making a serious effort to be more competitive with high end brands and most are achieving this goal. As a junkie, it's comforting to know that I can try out products without necessarily breaking the bank. Here's a few of my favorite beauty products that are under $10 but give you a lot of bang for your buck. Most of them can be found in store or online at : Target, Ulta, Walgreens, and Walmart

1) Revlon Photo Ready Foundation-Cost $10 depending on where you purchase it. Why I like it: Great formula for a great price, has lasting power comparable to a high end foundation.

2) NYX Round Case Lipstick- Cost $3.00 Why I like it: Now I love MAC lipsticks but I can't drop $15 every time I want a new shade, it's just not feasible for me. NYX provides an alternative that is way less expensive, and I think the quality is on par with MAC. I have so many shades of this lipstick, my favorite right now is Chloe.

3) Boots Expert Shine Control Moisturizer- Cost: $6.29 Why I like it: You get a lot of product for such a low price. This moisturizer is ideal for those with oily skin, it provides moisture without feeling tacky or goopy and it provides hydration without drowning the skin.

4) Real Techniques Expert Face Brush- Cost: $9.00 Why I like it: If you're looking for a multipurpose brush, look no more. I use this brush to apply foundation or tinted moisturizer when I want to achieve a full coverage look; I also use it to blend in my concealer. It's also great for blending in cream blushes or touch-ups throughout the day. The handle is so easy to hold and the flat bottom allows you to stand it up on counter top. 

5) Tresseme Dry Shampoo- Cost $4.49 Why I like it: In high school I first tried the Oscar Blandi Dry Shampoo which was a solid $18, after a few weeks my 3 year old cousin sprayed most of it onto my floor. I obviously wasn't pleased. This much less expensive version does the same tricks and I don't have to cry a thousand tiny tears if one of my baby friends gets their hands on it. This definitely helps when my hair is flat, smelly, and too oily, when I'm in between washes. It's especially nice since I have rehearsal three times a week.

6) Voluminous False Fiber Lashes- Cost $9.00 Why I like it: I've been wearing this mascara for a few years and it has yet to disappoint me. My lashes are average length and already curled but this mascara takes things to a new level. The little fibers make my lashes look super long without making them feel stiff and hard.

7) East Hampton Cottage- Cost $8.00 Why I like it: Essie is one of my favorite nail polish brands, their formula and color selection rarely disappoint. Their sheer and neutral shades are my favorite, they're all so beautiful. My friend and I say that East Hampton Cottage is "the wedding color," I actually wore it in the last wedding I was in, and I think it was lovely.  

8) Vaseline Cocoa Butter Lotion-Cost $8.00 Why I like it: This lotion is super thick and luxurious and makes my skin feel soft and hydrated. My brown skinned ladies might especially like this lotion, since it's filled with cocoa butter. 

9) Chapstick-Cost $1.69 or less Why I like it: This may be my favorite beauty product even though it might be the least expensive, the smallest, and the most simple. I am a Chapstick fiend, I am not one of those people who can use any lip balm, I have to use Chapstick. For a while I was a fan of Soft Lips but I'm back to being a Chapstick girl. At any given time I have about 3 or 4 of these hanging around, either in my room, purse, or car. Just the mere thought of dry lips makes my flesh crawl so if I'm ever without one, I find my way to a store to purchase one. If I'm in a bind, I'll use it to smooth out crazy eyebrows or tame a flyaway.

10) Up & Up Cleansing Acne Treatment- Cost $3.99 Why I like it: My skin is rather agreeable, despite its oily disposition so I never really had a major problem with massive breakouts. I am not exempt from pimple, although I wish I could be. This spot treatment helps me target the occasional skin invasion. 


So there are a few of my favorite drugstore products that are under $10. What drugstore products are staples in your routine?
--LaRondezvous 






2 comments:

  1. I totally wrote a long elaborate comment to this when you posted it, but it was on my phone so it didn't work...

    Basically it said: I'm in love with #1 (in a much lighter shade, I'm glad they have black people colors too).

    Also, I have their translucent finishing powder and that's super duper too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Silly phone for not posting your original response. It's such a great foundation, I lucked up and found it on sale and Target and I had a $2 off coupon, so I got it for about $1.

      Delete