Tuesday, July 24, 2012

More Stripes

Of course this is another outfit that I wore to work, that is one of the things I enjoy about working in an office, I have to dress like a real person every day. And although I love clothes and dressing nicely, I'm still fresh out of college so it's pretty easy for me to fall back into my running shorts and t-shirt wardrobe, what can I say, I had rehearsal or practice most of the time so that was my go to outfit. I do miss it from time to time.  But I did allow myself to go a little more casual with this look, it was like the fourth day of work and my energy level was quickly declining.

I wore stripes two days in a row, didn't even notice, must have been feeling the look.  I had this top for a long time before I ever wore it, I don't know what took me so long to wear it, I just have a bad habit of doing that.  I got it from Gap for about $20 or so, it was such a cool top, it's a little sheer, I just couldn't resist.  Since it is sheer it took a while to figure out how to make it work for work, I considered wearing a tank under it but I didn't go with that option.  I actually got the bright idea to try it over a slip, this slip came from a dress that has a sheer overlay, I tried the slip and the top together and loved it. The slip isn't as thin as your usual slip so it didn't look like I was romping around in my jammies or underwear.  The necklace came from Target, go figure, I got it because it has cool layers, it's gold, and it was $9.00. I'm pretty much a minimalist when it comes to jewelry but I've been trying to beef up my collection with cool pieces that aren't too flashy or complicated. And the sandals are from Target as well, I think I got them freshman year of college and when I say I wear them all the time, that's an understatement.  I paid $5.00 for them and I have definitely gotten my money worth. My mom hates them because I've had them so long and it kinda looks like it, trust me they're not gross or super worn out, they're just comfy.  I may or may not have glued the sole back together with super glue a few times, I plead the fifth.  I've recently bought a new pair of basic black sandals but I'm keeping these until they fall off my feet, sue me.

Forgive me for standing like such a dancer, old habits die hard, not that I'll ever stop dancing.


Forgot to mention my cool bracelet, also should have taken a close up of it, but no worries I wear it all the time.  My sister got it for me when she went to Tunisia a few years ago, it's simple and classy so I love it.

                                                    --LaRondezvous

No comments:

Post a Comment