Saturday, August 4, 2012

All Tied Up




My hair was playing nice today too, major plus.




Top: Urban Outfitters | Skirt: Urban Outfitters | Shoes: BCBG

I decided to start Monday off right and wear some of the goodies I got from Urban Outfitters last weekend. I took advantage of their extra 30% off sale items.  This was the second weekend that I took advantage of that sale, inappropriate but not really.  Allison and I went after a lovely brunch at Cafe Eclectic, I splurged and had some carbs, a delicious waffle. Sidenote...now I sound like one of those people who says they "splurged" on carbs, who am I?  While I'm figuring that out, let's get back to business.  Allison and I did some of our best shopping this day, only rival to the day we got multiple dresses there for $10.  This time I got a lot of clothes and Allison got an interesting mix of plants and clothes, I should have her do a guest post to explain her plants to clothes ratio.  Anyway, I got some obnoxiously great deals, like this top for instance, it was originally $75.00, it had been marked down a couple of times to $19.99, then I got an additional 30% off.  That means that I got that shirt for under $14.  I was drawn to this shirt because it looks like a shirt my grandma would have had, it's just so delicate and pretty.  I hadn't intended on tying a knot in the front but Allison and I noticed that someone else had done just that so I decided to give it a try, great decision.  On to the skirt, I also got it at Urban; it was originally $45, then marked down to $9.99, now add the 30% off, another great steal for only $6.99.  We actually found this skirt as we were headed to the checkout, I ran to try it on and I instantly fell in love.  It's a great length for work but the fit and the slit add a bit of sass, which is a must for me.  The shoes are an all time favorite, I've had them since high school, and they're still in great shape.  They're BCBG and they are just so yummy, my dad actually suggested that I get these because I asked for a pair of flats but he said that I needed heels since I was so short.  No argument there.  They paired well with the outfit because they give off the retro vibe and they're simple enough that they don't distract from the outfit.
--LaRondezvous 



3 comments:

  1. I would love to guest post on any topic! It'd be quite flattering :D You look like Elizabeth Taylor!!! I love the shirt knotted, mos def.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Yu will have to do a post, of course it's not limited to plants!

      Delete