Friday, August 10, 2012

The Chambray Tales


Had to tie the top because otherwise it would have been too long and that just wouldn't work

Have you noticed that I love pink?



Top: Old Navy | Dress: Urban Outfitters | Shoes: Express


Salvete, that's Latin for "Hello." More specifically it's how you great a group of people.  I'm a nerd and I'm not ashamed, 6 years of Latin! Anywho, on to the outfit.  It took me a while to put this outfit together but I think it turned out nicely.  I knew I wanted to pair the dress with the shoes, but that was a no brainer.  The top was the tricky part, the straps on the dress are too skinny for me to wear to work, so I had to figure out how to make this office-appropriate.  In my mind I pictured this dress with a denim jacket but I have yet to find one that I love, so I chose the next best thing.  I love this chambray shirt, I got it months and months ago from Old Navy, it was about $17 and I wore it quite a few times last Fall/Winter.  I always wore it with my black jeggings and riding boots so it was hard for me to see this top with something so bright and summery.  But I think I like this pairing more than I would have liked the denim jacket with it, the jacket would have probably been too heavy and there is nothing about this dress.  I love the cut, it moves quite nicely.  I got this lovely little number from Urban Outfitters around the beginning of the summer, Allison and I went and that day I scored six dresses for a little under $100.  I'd just gotten paid for the first time at my new job so I was all "YOLO."  I have no regrets from that day.  Back to the dress, it was only $9.99, before I tried it on I thought it was just a simple tank dress but I quickly learned that it was way more than that.  And down to the shoes, I wore these in another post, I got them from Express for under $20.  They're super comfortable, as good wedge should be.  I absolutely love the color combo.  All in all this was a super summery outfit, I felt really fun and flirty.  The many compliments I got at work didn't hurt either.
--LaRondezvous





No comments:

Post a Comment