Saturday, August 4, 2012

Out of Dress Code

I get two days out of the week when I get to wear whatever I want.  So on Thursdays and Saturdays I try to wear things that I couldn't wear to work, that doesn't mean that I'm wearing daisy dukes or scandalous items, it just means I get to wear my shorts, short skirts, strapless dresses, rompers, those things.  On this lovely Thursday I went to see Beasts of the Southern Wild with my old friend Sankalp, let me just take a moment to rave about this movie.  It was UNBELIEVABLE.  One of the greatest movies I've ever seen, no joke.  I can't even explain it, you MUST go see it, it made me cry and it gave me chills.  On top of all that, it made me smile and laugh.  You're doing yourself a disservice if you don't see it at least once.  Okay, I'm done.  I decided to throw on this cute pink top that I'd actually  thought I'd lost for a couple of months now, I found it in Andrea's room the other day, I was ecstatic.  It's one of my favorite shirts, mainly because it's comfy and cute.  I got this skirt at the last Urban Outfitters shopping spree, it was on sale for $9.99 and add that additional 30% off and it was yet another piece that I got for $6.99.  I like clothes that remind me of dance clothes and this skirt makes me feel like a total dancer, although it probably doesn't hurt that I am.  Let's talk about something serious.  This bag is something serious, I'd been eyeing it at Urban for a few weeks but I was not impressed with the $69.00 price tag so I waited it out.  I was admiring it and talking about how I didn't care for the price tag when I looked up and saw that it was on sale for $49.00, it was a sign that I couldn't ignore.  I was in desperate need of a new black bag and this was the perfect one, it's pretty nice for faux leather, I'm no fan of that cheap looking junk.  I have a feeling that this bag and I will be together for a while. Threw on my little black sandals from the kids' department at Target and got Andrea to re-do my braids.  After the movie I made it back in time to perform my civic duty and vote, such a great feeling.  Don't get me started.  After that, I met up with Deveney at Target and I'd just like to tell the world that I saw a lot of things that I could have bought but I didn't buy any of them.  I can't really brag because I just planned on waiting until pay day.  We grabbed some fro yo, well I grabbed some and then I headed home and went to bed like an old person.




Who wears short skirts?


No comments:

Post a Comment