Saturday, August 4, 2012

Bunhead

When all else fails, go back to your roots.  My roots are pink, black, sparkly, and covered in tulle.  If you don't know by now, I'm a dancer, always have been, always will be.  And while I don't do nearly as much ballet as I used to, it's still my first love. Don't tell Modern dance, we're currently going steady and I don't want her to get jealous of Ballet.  I got this skirt from F21 a week or so ago, I went there to exchange a dress that Andrea got for me in Nashville. Yes, I have people shop for me in other cities.  Unfortunately that dress didn't fit, it was a small and let's be serious, I'm at least a Smedium, for some reason they have yet to make that an actual size.  But since you can't get your money back at F21, I just had to get a store credit, not like that was a problem.  I've said it time and time again that if I'm going to shop at F21, I'd rather do it online, the store can be so trendy and overwhelming.  But I stumbled upon this gem and well of course I can't resist anything that reminds me of a tutu, it didn't hurt that it was under $20.  I paired it with a black top from Target that I got for under $10, my friends and I named it the "accidental crop top" because I didn't realize it was a crop top until I was wearing it and it kept coming up every time I lifted my arms.  Luckily I found this out on a Friday night instead one random day in class.  Since the rest of the outfit was super girly, I decided to wear these strappy Nine West shoes to add a little edge to the look.  I think it worked, kept me from looking like a 6 year old at my first recital.  There was no question that I'd be wearing my hair in a bun, besides it being the universal hairstyle for dancers it's my favorite.  Don't know why but I just like the way my face looks when my hair is out of my face.  I swiped on some BB Cream, a dab of pink eye shadow, a little eye liner, mascara, and a hint of blush.  It was more makeup than I usually wear during the day but I felt like getting all dolled up.



Look at those lovely ballet slippers on that necklace









--LaRondezvous




2 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS! Cute everything, and those shoes are omg sexy. Love it. Can you do a post explaining what the hell BB Cream is? I keep hearing about it, but I'm lost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks partner in crime! Yes, I will do a post and talk all about it, I'm all for the BB Creams.

    ReplyDelete